Both tenant screening and tenant placement is important to ensure your property is taken care of. Once a prospect has expressed interest in the home to one of our agents, they will be able to easily apply on our website. Our leasing agents will do a verification of residency and employment, collect pay stubs, valid identification cards, and government documentation of the applicant’s social security number. Our agents work diligently to ensure people are truthful in the information they provide. Each application is reviewed by the property manager for approval to ensure you have the right resident.
Brick Lane Qualifying Criteria:
The most important objective in renting your home is finding a good resident. A good resident will report maintenance needed on the home, pay their rent on time each month, and take care of the property on a daily basis. We cannot guarantee an applicant will be a good resident, but our qualifying criteria will aid in finding the right renter for your home in many ways. We require that all prospective residents meet the following qualifying criteria when completing the rental application:
- Applicant must have a minimum of one-year verifiable rental history. Verifiable rental history for a period of at least 12 months, in which all the lease terms have been satisfactorily fulfilled, is required.
- Applicant must physically reside in the apartment for which they are applying. Applicant must live in the rental unit and must disclose all persons that will be occupying the unit. All persons under the age of 18 are subject to background checks prior to occupancy. All persons 18 years of age or older must be a leaseholder and qualify for the unit with the applicant.
- A criminal background check will be completed on all occupants 18 years of age or older.
- If a rental property is a single family dwelling or single unit, the landlord reserves the right to ask for a security deposit as required by the property owner.
- If a prospect is declined based on the criteria listed, the landlord reserves the right to take adverse action. This may include denial of the application, the requirement to pay additional deposit or prepaid rent.
- Occupancy limits have been established by the size of the unit. Maximum number of persons allowed is as follows:
- No more than three unrelated adults per unit
- Studio or efficiency: no more than 2 persons
- One bedroom: no more than 2 persons
- Two bedroom: no more than 4 persons
- Three bedroom: no more than 6 persons
In order to view a rental home, prospects must show a form of identification — either a driver’s license or an alternate second form of identification will be photocopied. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or disability.
Brick Lane’s tenant screening and tenant placement criteria are stringent and thorough to ensure your home is rented out quickly and safely.